Circus/ Carnival Party
Birthday Child’s Starring Role
Acting as ringmaster for the day, your child will be the hit of the party. Everyone will enjoy being under the “big top”.
Party Settings & Games
A large open space is ideal for this party. Whether in your home or a local gymnasium. Create a mini carnival with different stations: face painter, fake tatoos, bean bag toss, etc. Don’t forget to have plenty of game prizes which can double up as favors. Use lots of decorations of your own or cheat a little with this Giant Carnival Decorating Kit
Buy trinket prizes in bulk so that every participant gets something! And have sturdy bags ready to hand out tho the guests so that they can store all their prizes.
To make your own booths, ask friends and family members to be in charge of each booth.
- Basketball Shooting (draw a line on the driveway, 3 shots per try)
- Ball Toss (toss 3 softballs into a basket, win a grand prize)
- Mini Golf Putting Challenge
- Guess the number of jelly beans or animal crackers in the jar (and win them all at the end of the party)
- Quarterback Test (throw a football through a hanging hula hoop)
- Face Painting (have easy to draw designs like rainbows and suns, or use peel off tattoos)
- Mystery Box (put your hand inside a cardboard box and guess what lies within. Peeled grapes can feel like eye balls and really give you goosebumps.)
- Hot Dog Vendor.
- Photo board cut outs. Have a fun or silly image on a cardboard with a cut out for the face. Take plenty of photos or use a Polaroid camera so kids can take their special momento home.
As your guests arrive hand them out a ticket , as you would in a carnival. Or for more fun, hand them out a large row of tickets and have them use them at different booths in order to play or redeem their hot dogs and popcorn.
Hire a circus act or a clown to join your party. Ask the leader to hand out Clown Noses to all your guests as they clown around with him.
Circus, carnival music
Carnival and boardwalk food are ideal for this party. Corn dogs, french fries, soft serve ice cream, cotton candy and lots of juice to keep hydrated. Top your juice off with some crazy colored straws.
A circus parade showing off the new skills learned by the guests or their freshly painted faces led by the ringmaster will certainly be a hit. Videotape the procession and let the children watch during cake time.
Birthday Presents & Favors
Juggling Balls are a great favor. The guests will have an activity to do after the party is over and will always remember the special day. Plus, don’t forget all the extra prizes they won during the carnival games.